Sunday, November 15, 2009

When in Rome

Having spent the large quantity of my life daydreaming about seeing the world, it amazes me that I am actually turning those dreams into reality.

It takes my breath away.

Im half way through my study abroad semester in Rome, Italy. I have I been allowed the opportunity to be inspired by the grandeur of the Colosseum, the historic richness of the Roman Forum, the Beauty of the Trevi Fountain, the immaculate Churches and much more that Rome has to offer. It seems everything is beautiful about this city, even alleyways and winding roads. Coming this semester has also opened the door to seeing other countries, including England, France, Switzerland and Greece.

London was fabulously fashion forward, I saw God in Paris and fell in love again, I opened my eyes in Capri, and Im excited to see what will become of Switzerland and Greece.

I see so much in these places, but the most important thing Ive gotten from these places is how much they inspire me. The beauty I see here is so contagious that it is reflected in the food I cook, the clothes I wear, and the ways I choose to spend my time. Instead of wasting hours on that book of faces, or doing worthless things with my time it is spent on greater things. Music is on every corner here, its amazing how talented these old and spirited Italian musicians can be. So now, I make more music (I missed my guitar, so I ordered a Ukulele). The words spill like oil on my paper now, Im surrounded by so many thought-provoking things. This inspiration burns within me and is helping mold me as a better graphic designer and artist in general.

My time here has made me a better graphic designer, filmographer, artist, cook, musician, writer, thinker, and well I guess a better all-around person. And theres still 2 more months of this growing experience.

I never thought seeing the world would change me so much.

Im so glad it did.

Love Love Love
-AlternateEnding88

No comments:

Post a Comment