Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I won't DO that?

Life is funny in more ways than one. Most people fall into a downward spiral of gloom; when things don’t go as planned. I know this from experience all to well, and I would like to share a story or two with you. My name is Janet Jupiter, I am a single mother, resorting to actions I thought I would never have to partake in. When found out I was pregnant I had been for four months, and didn’t even know it. I assumed I was gaining weight from STRESS, being a sophomore in college and all. Needless to say I was surrounded by CATTY women, which landed me in drama-ville every other week. I experienced my fair share of ups and downs, but I was TOO THROUGH when I found out the news. Before finding out I was pregnant I was already ready to put a bullet through the cranium of the baby’s daddy. I was mortified by the thought of having this man connected to me for the next 18 years. Far too much happened between then and now, so forgive me for leaving out a few minute details.

The baby is 10 months now, walking and trying her hardest to talk. She is like a sour patch commercial SOUR, yet so SWEET. You would think that life would be GRAND, but NOPE, still gets rough sometimes. I’m working a job, but bills are taking me under. I do get my monthly child support (petty change at best), however the recession is draining me. I hate to admit that numerous men offer to help me. No that’s not the part I hate to admit, the fact that I take them up is; mostly because their assistance comes with a price. You call it prostitution, and really that IS what it is! But for me it is my LAST RESORT. Pampers do not buy themselves, nor does milk. You might ask where the father is, my response would be, you can’t count on someone who HAS NOTHING. Though I’m not proud of my recent actions; I set pride aside when my child’s necessities are compromised. I was asked to do a guest spot on the Abstracted Isms blog, and it seemed like a way to voice a few trials and tribulations.

Janet Jupiter, single black female with child
ten-4

No comments:

Post a Comment