Sunday, May 9, 2010

"Dear Mama"


(Photograph of a mother and her daughter
courtesy of mymajicdc.com)

Today is Sunday May 9 and in America Mother's
Day
is being celebrated. Cards, flowers, candy,
perfume and an assortment of other things have
been bought to show reverence to Mothers all over
America.

I have an immense amount of respect for the
job that mothers have. For me my mother has
gone above and beyond in taking care of me.
Throughout my life,she has been a friend,
confidant, doctor, chef, chauffer, listener,
hair stylist, tutor, and much much more.

My mother has always been by my side. Anytime
there was a problem she was there to listen and
to help me. She is one of the few people in my
life to show genuine appreciatiion for me just
because. The love I have recieved from her has
been pure, unconditional.

My mother has also been a great example of how
to uphold yourself with dignity and class, in any
situation. She has always walked with grace, and
poise and I thank her so much for being a positive
example of a phenomenal woman.

Today I just want to say thank you Mommy, you
are a light that has always shone brightly in
my life, I appreciate you, and I LOVE you.

To you readers, if you can, give your mother
a hug and a kiss today and tell her you love her.
I know everyone does not have the best relationship
with their mothers but if you can, today make her
feel special. Remember, everyone does not have
a mother to hug today, and if you do have one, take
advantage of this oppurtunity. You only get ONE mother.

Thank her for all that she does.

-EclecticFlavor


No comments:

Post a Comment